What is involved?
- 3 days of workshops with other teachers on the programme
- Independent study and school-based work
- Online discussion as part of a professional community
- The design, planning, running and evaluation of a PD programme for other teachers
- Completion of a ‘Programme Planning and Evaluation Template’, a ‘Session Planning and Evaluation Template’ and a ‘PD Lead Programme Reflection and Learning Journal’ to demonstrate high quality planning, evaluation and reflection
- Support and mentoring from Work Group Lead
- Consider some key questions related to the nature and quality of effective professional development activities and programmes.
- Examine fundamental themes and issues in mathematics and mathematics teaching (including those related to the National Curriculum, exam syllabi and teaching for mastery) and to consider the implications of these when supporting other teachers.
- Learn to plan, execute and evaluate effective CPD sessions, Work Groups, projects and programmes.